Thursday, February 27, 2014

Poutine

Last summer, in Victoria, Canada, we had a special treat. Along with the fish and chips we had waited so anxiously for- from Red Fish Blue Fish (yes, we stood in line for over two hours!), we were able to taste and savor Poutine at a different meal. Wow- it was comfort food on a platter! Well, in a bowl, but the idea is still the same. Ever since then, I have been scouring the web for a comparable recipe. I finally found one, thanks to a wonderful Canadian, and was able to make the creation this week. We even have a local cheese factory for the white cheddar curds- perfect! 

We curly cut the potatoes and baked them, a bit different from fried, but still incredibly yummy! As we sat out back and ate our dinner, we were flooded with memories of that camping trip! So fun!  And there was even a serving left to enjoy later :)  Like I said- comfort food in a bowl- a wonderful takeaway from Canada! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I saw your comment on Carmella's blog and dropped in. I like your blog so far! I've never seen a dish like poultine before. I've been experimenting with breadmaking, too, lately, and last night tried making vegan cheese from tofu, since I'm dairy intolerant. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds crazy delish! The one time I've had it at a restaurant (in the U.S.) it looked nothing like this! ;-/

    ReplyDelete